Friday, October 3, 2008

Cooking Therapeutic?!


We all have problems, we all get stressed out at some point in our lives. Thanks to the inflation and the high cost of living, stress is rapidly becoming an integral part of our lives.I myself get stressed out very easily and have a very low stress threshold level. Over the years I've been trying to find ways that would let me channel my restless energy into something more productive rather than just stressing myself out.

I've discovered a couple of ways (I need to write a seperate post for the 'stress busters' and the 'energy channellers')but my most recent discovery is 'Cooking' :D

I've never been much of a kitchen person. I loved to eat and that is where it all ended, just eat thats it and never make the effort of putting something together.

It all started when we bought a new toaster oven, that is when I fell in love with baking and gradually I started whipping up some other dishes too and suddenly I discovered that cooking can actually be fun :D

Its therapuetic, I feel much better after making something if I'm really stressed out, as I cant sit still and I am filled with restless energy and cooking for me helps relieve the stress and the release all the restless energy. Once I have time enough, I am even planning to taking some cooking classes :P

For the people who face a similar situation, my suggestion would be 'Try cooking, it really helps!' :)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this :D and yea you should start taking cooking classes :D otherwise others may be stressed by your cooking :D jk :P

Tooth Fairy said...

LOL true! I will dont worry :P

I love images said...

Awesome, I was just like you, eat and thats it lol, but whole month of Ramadan I cooked and I really enjoyed :) and now am cooking these days, I knew cooking but I never did because mom never liked me to work around kitchen :) but now she love it :)!, and making food while stress? never tried, I normally sleep while stress or just walk around the house, will try cooking heheh

Tooth Fairy said...

Yeah even i sometimes walk around the house when I am stressed, as I cannot sit still but if u cook, it is atleast a bit more productive, you get something to eat in the end :D